Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My daughters' obsession with my hair, part 1

A couple snippets of conversation from today . . .
Incident 1)
Colette: "Dad, I can tell you are a man. Guess how? Because you have really hairy arms. <Runs her hand along my forearm> Look at all this hair!"
So *that's* how you tell the difference between men and women! I've always wondered.
Leila: "But he doesn't have any hair on his head. It must've fallen down onto his brain."
Colette: "Yeah. Dad must have a very hairy brain."

Incident 2)
I mention in passing that I am going to shave today. Savannah says, "No! You look silly with bald cheeks!"
Leila: "Yeah, keep your whiskers. Don't shave your cheeks bald!"
Me: "I'm sorry, girls, but mom outranks you. I'm going to shave."
Savannah: "But dad, I have one vote and Leila has one vote. So we outvote mom."
Me: "Mom has lots of votes. She wins.
Savannah: "Leila and I have lots of votes, too. We can outvote mom."
Uh, no. No, you can't. However many votes you girls have, mom has thousands more. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment