Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Visit to the Chick-fil-A One Launch Party

This evening, the girls and I attended the Chick-fil-A One Launch Party at our local CFA. We did not go to see the unveiling of the new app, however, since we do not have smart phones. We went so the girls could get stickers, free cupcakes, and, most importantly, see the Chick-fil-A cow.

Bringing the baby along was a serious miscalculation on my part. It started off well, with the baby, who is 11 months old, happy to have a seat at the table.



But then the cow arrived. Baby A was more terrified than I have ever seen her. When she first saw the cow, I was holding her. I felt her whole body stiffen up. She dug her fingernails into my forearm as she held on tighter. Then she burst out screaming. I took her back to our table, far away from the cow. But as the cow made the rounds through the restaurant and got closer to us, A. kept turning around in her seat to check on it. Each sighting brought on another round of hysterics.



The other girls and I tried to block her view with our bodies, but then she tried even harder to spot the perceived danger. She kept craning her neck, spotting the beastly bovine, and bawling loudly. She kept this up until we left the restaurant.

In the meantime, the other girls enjoyed a photo op with the cow.




Baby A has probably never been more relieved in her life to see her mommy. When we arrived home, she practically leaped out of my arms and into her mother's.

I don't think she'll be rejoining us any time soon on a trip to a CFA event!

My poor baby! I think I've scarred her for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment