Thursday, July 28, 2016

Chewing Enthusiastically: Another Bedtime Conversation with My 9-yr-old Daughter

When I got home from work late this evening, the girls were in bed. I was starving and anxious to eat dinner, but Katie said S. sustained an injury earlier in the day and had been begging for her daddy. So I went into the girls room to check on them briefly before eating. S. didn't care for the brevity of my stay and clung tightly to my arm in desperation.
Me: "S., I have to go! I don't feel good and I need to eat something now!"
S.: "No!! I want you to stay here. I don't want to wait for you to eat."
Me: "I haven't eaten a real meal since breakfast. I gotta go. But I'll come back afterward to see how you're doing."
S., letting out a long moan: "But dad, you chew so enthusiastically that it takes you forever to eat. I can eat ten times faster than you."
I chew enthusiastically??

No comments:

Post a Comment