Saturday, July 2, 2016

How a Six-Year-Old Gets Rid of Housefly Germs

Scene: the family is sitting at the table having breakfast
C. turns her cup, which still has a few drops of orange juice left in it, upside down and rubs it around on the table. When queried, the child explains, "Well, there was a fly on my cup, and I didn't want germs on my forehead!!"
Katie: "So you decided to rub your cup upside down on the table to get rid of the germs?!
I guess that's one solution to the problem. What I find amusing is C.'s thought process: Let's see, a fly landed on the rim of my cup and got germs on it. I don't want to drink fly germs. I also don't want fly germs on my forehead, so rubbing my cup on my forehead to get rid of the germs is not a good option. Wait, I know! I'll rub the fly germs off onto the tabletop!

No comments:

Post a Comment