Friday, June 24, 2016

My Six-Year-Old Daughter Finally Gets Her Turn to Come to Work with Me

I took C. to work with me today. Unlike her older sisters, she actually listened to at least part of my lecture. (Her sisters are well-practiced at ignoring me. They do it all the time at home.)
Me, to the class: "FDR and his brain trust had three main objectives in launching the New Deal---"
C.: "Dad, what's an 'objective'"?
<Students giggle>
I explain. Then C. asks another question.
Me: "Remember how you're not supposed to interrupt me in the middle of class? Can you just write down your questions and save them for later?"
C.: "Okay."
I turn back to the class and keep on talking about the New Deal.
A little while later, C. rushes over to me mid-lecture to show me a piece of paper with an indecipherable question scrawled on it.
Uh, by "later" I meant after class, dear daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment